Co-Chair David Graybill will be addressing the Tacoma City Council's Committee of the Whole next Tuesday afternoon to invite their participation in the consensus process. RAMP's other participants are likewise being encouraged to take part, and RAMP is making a special effort to communicate with those jurisdictions that haven't been involved or that have been only occasionally involved to encourage their involvement in this process.
Particpants in the December 5th RAMP meeting will consider a number of potential venues for funding Pierce County transportation projects, including:
- Forming a Pierce County RTID;
- Working with other counties (King & Snohomish/Thurston & Kitsap) to form a new regional RTID;
- Creating new Transportation Benefit District(s);
- Pursuing local option gas tax increase(s);
- Developing a congestion pricing pilot project
Participants will have a briefing on why the public rejected the recent Roads & Transit proposal from Ian Stewart, principal in EMC Research, who has recently completed a regional survey on behalf of Sound Transit.